Hi Ladies, if you still haven't filled in your Forget-Me-Not Friend and want to be a part of the program for 2020 you can do that [here](https://alliancechurch.elvanto.com.au/form/98ac3c39-c5fa-4006-b667-df5598fcca28)
Dear Church Family
It is after lots of phone calls and discussion with the Eldership that a decision has been made to suspend the activities of Woden Valley Alliance Church up until the Government allows us to meet again without all the restrictions and when the Corona Virus is under control.
The decision has not been made lightly, our duty of care and public perception are strong factors in this whole decision making process. There has been an ever-increasing criteria from our government to reduce our gathering size and the physical distancing requirement which makes corporate worship very difficult.
Consequently, church is closed tomorrow the 22nd of March for the near foreseeable future. We are however in discussion with those who know how to make a way for us to live stream our services. Hopefully this will be up and running by Sunday the 29th of March.
As to the other programs that the church is running, we will send out another email with a list after more discussion on Monday.
I am aware these are unsettling times. These are untravelled waters and we are not quite sure what the future holds. Rest assured God has got this and is aware of what is taking place.
What can you do you might ask? Find a place to pray, find a place to worship, find a place in your heart to help others who might be scared, fearful and frightened of what is happening around them.
Psalm 121 says. Where does my help come from? Feel free to read it for yourself and reflect for your own devotion this week.
Yours faithfully Pastor Ben on behalf of the Elders.
Dear Church Members
In light of the current COVID-19 situation and the most recent advice from the Government and Health Officials, please read through the following important information regarding the activities at WVAC.
WVAC Family Camp has been cancelled for this weekend 20-22 March. Camp fees that have been paid will be returned within the next 2 weeks.
WVAC will be holding a modified Sunday morning service this Sunday 22nd March. Based on the current recommendations from the Government and Health officials we advise the following:
- Upon arrival, we ask that children be dropped straight to the Mission Centre for kid’s church and adults to gather in the church building. We believe that this arrangement, along with those of our congregation that will choose not to attend church this weekend, will allow us to keep numbers below the required 100 for indoor spaces.
- Individuals who fall under the current higher risk categories for COVID-19 should please feel free to stay at home and not attend church this Sunday.
- If you have a sore throat or are feeling unwell, please do not attend church
- Any individual/family who are concerned or unsure about gathering together this Sunday should please feel free to stay at home.
- We will be following the recommendations for hygiene and social/physical distancing. This includes:
- No physical touch at our service (handshakes, hugs etc.)
- There will be no morning tea after the service
- Baskets will be provided for collection of the offering rather than passing the offering bags around.
- There will be no Gathering at 4pm this Sunday.
Ongoing Communication and Updates
Please ensure that you are connected to us via at least one of the following digital platforms as these will be the primary ways we will communicate with you:
- You are receiving our weekly In Touch Emails from firstname.lastname@example.org
- You like and follow our Facebook Page at [Woden Valley Alliance Church](https://www.facebook.com/Woden-Valley-Alliance-Church-255347757844691/)
- Visit the [Church Website](https://www.alliancechurch.com.au/)
- Your are registered for the Church App and have selected to receive notifications. You can follow the links to the apps below.
At this stage we are asking all home group and ministry group leaders to decide if your group will continue to meet or not based on the current recommendations and the feeling of your group members.
There are many sermons online for those staying home.
This is new ground for all of us and we thank you for working with us as we adapt to the information and recommendations that seem to be changing almost daily. We will continue to assess our church gatherings on a weekly basis and will keep you informed weekly through our digital channels.
We still want to worship God and affirm that a sincere heart of worship should not be affected by the format it takes.
Ps Ben & Ps Andrew and Elders
Due to the new restrictions in place due to the Coronavirus and out of concern for the welfare of our participants, the One Voice Community Choir will be in recess until after the school holiday. Choir members will be informed directly of the changes.
Exciting news! The inaugural service our our new church plant at Gungahlin will be held on Sunday 29th March at 2pm at the Gungahlin Community Centre, 57 Ernest Cavanagh St, Gungahlin ACT 2912.
After much planning and prayer, Ps Suanu Ikoro is excited to head up this new venture into the Northside of Canberra.
Regular services will be held at 3pm on Sunday afternoons following the launch.
Pray that we will be able to reach many in the Gungahlin area with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
Once a year we have an opportunity to give a love offering to God. It is appropriate that it is around the same time as Valentines day. It is your way of being thankful to God for all His blessings. This year our Love Offering will be on 16th February.
Some say that it should be directed to some project with some price tag, I don’t believe that is what it is about! It is a love offering between you and God given to Him through the church. This is not replacing your usual Tithe but and extra offering on top of what you would normally give. Generally, we give from our overflow, may this be a gift from your heart to God’s.
2 Corinthians 9:7 Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
UPDATE: Thank you church! Our love offering for the year totaled $5534
We invite you to be a part of a special C&MA Christmas Day offering that will assist our C&MA Bible College in Papua in training new pastors and workers.
The C&MA in Papua have had some very real challenges in the last few years. They have asked if we could help sponsor some Bible College students preparing for ministry. It costs $1500 pa per student.
We encourage you to donate through your church offering and mark the gift "Christmas Day 2019 C&MA".
Alternatively, you can use this link below.